I’ve traditionally been an over-packer, but these days I like to travel as light as possible. However, there are a few key things that I always have to have with me – whether it’s an overnight trip or two weeks on another continent. I carry all my gear in a National Geographic Africa Travel Satchel (Medium) bag. This is absolutely the best travel bag I’ve ever carried…lightweight, roomy, and fits well under the seat in front of me on airplanes. Below is a list of the go-to equipment I carry with me…
- Panasonic Lumix GX-8 camera – for photo and video
- Camera lenses – I usually carry three lenses with me:
- SLIK Sprint Pro II Tripod – small and light enough to fit in my bag
- BOSE QCII noise-canceling headphones – very necessary for a quiet, restful plane flight
- Apple iPad – for books, movies and games
- Moleskine Art Plus sketchbook – for notes and drawings
What are your travel essentials? Drop me a line with your thoughts!